Some very easy ways to add that extra something to your Christmas Dinner are:
- To make your own Cranberry & Orange Sauce. Take 250g fresh Cranberries (from Tescos or other supermarkets), the juice and finely grated zest of one Orange and. Put them in a pan with 150ml of cold water to cover. Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 10 minutes. You will hear the cranberries start to pop. Add 100g caster sugar and stir until it dissolves. Simmer for another 5 minutes plus. Test by drawing a line in the syrup on the back of your wooden spoon. As an option you can add 3 – 4 tablespoons of port when you add the sugar 🙂
- Make separate stuffing balls. This is a favourite of mine http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3054/apricot-and-hazelnut-stuffing.
- Parboil your sprouts then roast them with chestnuts and smoky bacon.
- Put your pigs in blankets in a roasting tin lined with foil, drizzle runny honey over them, season with salt and pepper then toss them well so nicely coated then bake. Shake than now and again and baste until well cooked and nicely browned.
- Add sprigs of fresh Rosemary, which is a trend this year. This can be put in your balls of stuffing, put into the cavity in your turkey with a halved lemon and generally used to decorate your dishes.
Enjoy! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas xx